Monday 6 September 2010

The Details






Many couples go to a lot of trouble getting every little detail just right for their special day. These details can express so much about the feeling of the day and about the personalities of the couple.

I love to record these little details of the big day, and sprinkled through the wedding album they add a pretty and artistic flourish.

Here are some details from a wedding I shot last weekend.

For these kinds of shots I find simple usually works best. I try to keep the composition clean, and the background distraction minimal. Although I try to photography items where they are instead of moving them, as I find this creates a truer record of the day.

I usually use a nice big aperture (these ones are shot with a 28-75mm f2.8 lens) and a tripod for nice sharp still life shots.

I like to think these shot might be hung on the bride and groom's wall as pieces of art...

No comments:

Post a Comment